We love to travel to various cities and try to do as many escape rooms there as possible. We spent a weekend in May 2017 in Rome, Italy. As always, we were limited on time, but we tried to check out as many Escape Room venues in Rome. Naturally, we were not able to visit every room in Rome, although the number of english speaking rooms is not that high.
In general, the quality of the rooms was okay. We had the impression that the Escape Room industry in Rome is, for now, still in its early days. While speaking with some owners, we had the impression that they mostly target local people and it is not a “thing” for tourists (yet), which may explain why some struggle with english (or plain out don not offer any english rooms). On the other hand, every owner and game master we encountered was very excited and nice, doing their best to host us. A quick overview of our Escape Rooms in Rome experience:
- Game Over Rome is one of the biggest and most professional Escape Room companies you will find in Rome. They are a franchise, but can hold own compared to the other venues in Rome.
- Magic Escape Rome has an amazing Website and very different rooms. They struggled with english a bit and were a little bit sloppy preparing one of the rooms we played.
- Resolute Escape Rome drew our interest with their 50 shades room – the quality of their rooms were solid, but nothing stood out.
- The only room Xcape Roma offers for non-Italian-speakers is their “Alice in Wonderland” room, which is mostly task/action oriented.
- Busillis Escape was still pretty new and sadly had a lot of stuff that did not work for us
Bears’ Escape Reviews of Rome
Definitely check out our individual Bears’ Escape Reviews of the Rome-based games we played:
Bears’ Escape “Game Over” in Rome
Bears’ Escape “Resolute Escape” in Rome
Bears’ Escape “Magic Escape” in Rome
Bears’ Escape “Xcape Roma” in Rome
Bears’ Escape “Busillis Escape” in Rome
More Review Blogs for Rome & Italy
While researching for our Rome trip, we did not find any specific blog covering Rome or Italy specifically – if you have or know of a blog that offers reviews, please let us know. Meanwhile, these Blogs will also help:
- Escape The Review – Europe Guide / Italy Section
- Escape Talk – Traveling: Escape Rooms in Rome
- Lock Me If You Can – Rome Section
- findyourescape – Escape Room Map (Italian)
Italy surely has some more rooms – let us know if you have a recommendation which we should consider on our next trip to Italy.