We are living in Austria – so naturally our most travelled destination for Escape Rooms is our capital – Vienna. The biggest tourist city in the country offers a lot of different rooms – it is definitely the go-to city in Austria for Escape-Room Enthusiasts.
Since we are a little bit limited in Austria, we try to not to play all the rooms available at once – which means we still have not covered every room there is. But – we have already compiled a good overview and are working constantly to expand our Vienna Escape Room Reviews.
For more details, please check out all our Reviews below, here are some of our highlights:
Puzzle Heavy and Top Escape Rooms
- Fox in a Box in Vienna is one of our favourite Companies for its consistancy of well designed games and super nice staff.
- Crime Runners offer 3 rooms with a connecting story. The are generally very well rated and have a great team.
- Time Busters offers (at least) two really great games: The Labyrinth is a huge 90 Minutes Game which is stacked with puzzles and a real challenge for even an experienced group. The Mine is a very well designed room with a great immersion and puzzles.
Escape Room for smaller groups or beginners
- Real Escape Wien offers 4 great rooms for groups of 2 to 5 as well as two games which are just for 2 players.
- Open the Door also offers 3 rooms for groups of 2 to 5 people that are well suited for beginners as well as enthusiasts.
For bigger groups
- SherLockd in Vienna offers its Escape Room with a competition mode, where groups can work in 2 identical rooms to see who finishes first – with a very cool twist included.
More in it for the Immersion?
- Escapology offers a very well designed Egypt room of which we still have very fond memories of. It is not puzzle heavy – but we really enjoyed the overall experience
- Exit Think sets its focus more on the storytelling and room design. It is also not a very puzzle heavy room and – goes more for the adventure experience.
Bears’ Escape Reviews of Vienna
Definitely check out our individual Reviews of Escape Rooms in Vienna we have played:
More Review Blogs for Vienna & Austria
Sadly we have not yet found another blog that also covers Austria – but if you have an Escape Room Blog, please contact us so we can add your link.
- The Logic Escapes Me (The Blog is London-based, but Ken has written a wonderful tourist guide for Vienna)
- Out of Time (German-written Escape Blog with a focus on Austria)
Vienna offers a ton of rooms – let us know if you have a recommendation which we should consider on our next trip to Vienna.