We are living in Austria – so naturally our most travelled destination for Escape Rooms is our capital – Vienna. The biggest tourist city in the country offers a lot of different rooms – it is definitely the go-to city in Austria for Escape-Room Enthusiasts.
Since we are a little bit limited in Austria, we try to not to play all the rooms available at once – which means we still have not covered every room there is. But – we have already compiled a good overview and are working constantly to expand our Vienna Escape Room Reviews.
For more details, please check out all our Reviews below, here are some of our highlights:
All Escape Rooms in Vienna
|Crime Runners||4||Games are on two locations, so take care when booking|
Also offers Digital Experiences here
|Time Busters||5||offers additional Outdoor Missions as well||Read more|
|Fox in A Box Vienna||4||Also offers Digital Experiences here||Read more|
|No Way Out||5||including 2 Horror Rooms with Actors|
|First Escape||3+1||1 VR Room|
|Open the Door||3||Reopened on a new location with new rooms in 2020||Read more|
|Escape Game Wien||3||Opened in 2020|
|Estheo||3||Opened in 2020|
|Perplexxx Vienna||2||Opened in 2020|
|Masters of Escape Vienna||2|
|Virtual Escape Wien||0+15||Virtual Escape offers a big variety of VR Escape Experiences|
|Exit the Room Vienna||5|
|Escapers||1+1||1 VR Room – we have played the same game in Budapest|
|Escape!||1||Art / Social Experience / Escape Room Hybrid – Cooperation between MQ and Time-Busters.||Read more|
|Escape Mission||2||“Temporarily Closed” since September 2019 (last updated: 30.10.2020)||Read more|
|Brain Teasers Vienna||2||“Temporarily Closed” since October 2020 (last updated: 30.10.2020)||Read more|
Closed Escape Rooms
The following locations have closed and can not be visited anymore:
- EscapeMaxx / Mystoria
- Adventure Rooms
- Real Escape Wien
- Time Trap (former Escape Hunt)
- Smart Rooms
- Exit VR Wien
Stand-Out Escape Rooms
If you are limited on time but you still want to book a couple of games, the following companies would be our choice for first-pick.
- Crime Runners: Going Underground is by far the standout game in Vienna and a must-see for any visiting Escape Room Enthusiasts. Besides that, Crime Runners also offers their 3 (older) rooms with a connecting story.
Theare generally very well rated and have a great team.
- Fox in a Box in Vienna is one of our favourite Companies for its
consistencyof well-designedgames and super nice staff.
- Time Busters offers (at least) two really great games: the Mine is a very well designed room with great immersion and puzzles, the same can be said about their newest game Mission Jailbreak.
- No Way Out is pretty new on the scene in Vienna but already made a mark with two great games that can be viewed as top of the games in Vienna: School of Magic as well as Da Vinci look great and are really fun to play. They also offer 2 Horror Games with Actors, which is pretty unique in Vienna.
Battle-Games for bigger groups
Are you looking for Escape Rooms that can host more than 8 people? While you can probably go to most of the venues in Vienna to play some rooms simultaniously, these comanpies offer rooms designed for bigger groups:
SherLockdin Vienna offers its Escape Room with a competition mode, where groups can work in 2 identical rooms to see who finishes first – with a very cool twist included.
- Time Busters also offer a competition room with their game Tomb of Montezuma.
More in it for the Immersion?
If your focus is not primarily on a lot of puzzles but more on beautiful or special set design, these following Escape Room companies would be our choice to check out:
- Crime Runners: Going Underground has to be the #1 on this list as well.
- First Escape is one of the newer venues in the Vienna and offers rooms with a focus on premium set-design.
Virtual Reality is growing in every sector – of course the Escape Room market also offers some VR-Experiences:
- Exit VR bought the standout ER game Huxley from Berlin and brought it to Vienna. We have not played it on location, but we really enjoyed the experience in Berlin. While it is not the same as an Escape Room, the group experience in this game works exceptionally well.
- First Escape also offers a new VR Experience with their Dark Chapel game. While we do think the overall experience for us as a group was fun, the game itself was super buggy and it felt more like a tech-demo than a final product. Wanna try some new tech – go for it. But do not expect more.
- Escapers offer a VR Experience called COSMOS where you have to save a space station. We have played this game in Budapest with another company, but the game is the same, so you can read about it here.
Bears’ Escape Reviews of Vienna
Definitely check out our individual Reviews of Escape Rooms in Vienna we have played:
Did we forget an Escape Room?
We do our best to keep this list of Escape Rooms in Vienna up-to-date, but we are not perfect and don’t know everything. If you own an Escape Room in Vienna or know about a company we forgot on our listing, please don’t hesitate and give us a heads-up in the comment section or use the contact form to send us the update privetaly.
Looking for other Enthusiasts?
There is also a Facebook Group for Austrian Escape Room Enthusiasts where you can connect with other Escape Room Players and Owners. If you wa
More Review Blogs for Vienna & Austria
Sadly we have not yet found another blog that also covers Austria – but if you have an Escape Room Blog, please contact us so we can add your link.
- The Logic Escapes Me (The Blog is London-based, but Ken has written a wonderful tourist guide for Vienna)
- Out of Time (German-written Escape Blog with a focus on Austria)
Vienna offers a ton of rooms – let us know if you have a recommendation which we should consider on our next trip to Vienna.